What's New at Bombay Hook
- Shop at the Refuge Store Sale, to be held Friday, May 24 through Sunday, May 26! See the announcement here or on the Refuge Store page of the web site.
- Be sure to see the pictorial essay featuring Bombay Hook NWR in the Winter 2012 edition of Outdoor Delaware Magazine. The article begins on page 12.
- Bombay Hook NWR is seeking volunteers to staff the Visitor Center and operate the Refuge Store on weekends and weekdays, present environmental education programs for school groups, conduct refuge tours, provide trail and landscaping maintenance, and help with highway cleanups. A meeting for new volunteers will be held Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., at the refuge auditorium. The meeting will cover volunteer opportunities and upcoming activities, with the latter part of the session being a tour of the Refuge.
- The February 2013 Friends newsletter has been posted. Read it here.
- Volunteer orientation is scheduled for March 2 from 10:00 to 12:30. For more information, call Tina Watson, Outdoor Recreation Planner, at 302 653-6872.
- The Visitor Center will reopen on Saturday, March 2, 2013 and will be open every Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am to 5:00pm through June 9.
- We want to post your Bombay Hook photos! Share your images with our online audience. All posted images include a photo credit and a link to your web site or photo gallery. Send an email to the web master to learn more.
- Friends is now on Facebook! Check out our page here and be sure to post.
- Bombay Hook NWR has been selected for inclusion in the Delaware History Trail. The trail includes 36 sites located throughout the state and selected to showcase the First State's abundance of historical sites and to educate visitors and residents about Delaware's place in American history. Visitors can now follow a trail of exploration to discover and experience Delaware's rich heritage. Read about it and learn how you can participate here.
The Friends of Bombay Hook web site is hosted by IDV.net , a leading internet and network service provider in the Delaware Valley.